One of the powerful processes that involve highly efficient tools to make online marketing efforts a breeze is marketing automation. However, having software for that purpose yet not implementing it properly can result in a mediocre outcome and cause you to miss out on the platform’s full potential.
A marketing automation platform, especially when integrated with marketing customer relationship management (CRM) or marketing CRM software, is a must-have to take your marketing to new heights. Still, it’ll reach its peak only with excellent implementation and commitment on your part. Most find the tool’s capabilities outstanding but fail to initiate the right plan and process to succeed.
If you want to start using a marketing automation platform in your business, here are several tips that’ll help you get on the right track:
- Define Your Requirements And Objectives
Before implementing a marketing automation platform, it’s crucial to clearly define your requirements for the software and decide on the objectives you’re eager to achieve. Marketing automation can replace any tool you’re currently using, such as those for social media management, email marketing, or surveys.
One of the benefits of a marketing automation platform is that it functions as a complete solution for online marketing. By utilizing it, you can reinforce the tools you already have and at the same time reduce your software costs.
- Select The Right Marketing Automation Solution
After identifying what you need in a marketing automation platform and setting a budget range, you need to select the suitable software to implement. Today, given the numerous options available out there, choosing one can be challenging. If you want to make the selection process easier to handle, here are the main criteria to consider:
- Feature set – The majority of automation platforms boast the same tools such as website visitor monitoring, automated programs, and lead scoring. Try to look for a solution that best suits your requirements, but avoid getting extra features you don’t need.
- Ease of use – One of the critical factors during the selection process is usability. Consider a solution with an intuitive interface and makes it easy to perform tasks. Remember that every program has a unique interface, so you need to look for one that requires minimal time spent on the learning process and training.
- Integrations – A vast selection of marketing automation platforms can tackle the integration of different third-party systems. Try to think of integrations that are essential to your marketing and sales. With that in mind, go for a solution with integrations you need the most in order to boost your marketing efforts.
- Support – A platform with superior support should also be your priority. It would be best to select a vendor that caters to all their clients with the same customer service and provides adequate support when you require it.
- Price range – The price range of marketing automation platforms dramatically varies. Some are far more affordable than others. Still, the price will increase significantly if you’re summing up the mandatory upfront costs for training and implementation along with add-on features. The main point is to consider all the costs and the terms of the contract, whether it’s monthly, yearly, etc. Keep in mind that you don’t want to be locked in a long-term commitment with features you barely use.
- Think About The Elements Necessary For The Implementation
After selecting the right marketing automation platform, you need to consider what it’ll take to go through with the implementation. Generally, it involves your budget, but you need to ensure you have the right staff and internal resources as well. In some cases, it’s best to work with a consultant to assist with your platform’s planning, implementation, and execution.
Another factor is the necessity to change or adapt to gain better marketing and sales alignment. Take note that marketing automation blurs the lines between marketing and sales.
- Create A Plan
Like with other marketing processes, coming up with a plan and strategy is crucial to successful implementation. After considering all the elements involved, you need to develop a plan to execute the process. Some of the factors to think about in your planning include the following:
- Selecting the staff and guidelines
- Determining a qualified lead with the sales team
- Pinpointing ways in which the platform integrates with other systems
- Integration of contact forms or subscription forms on the website
- Setting up subscription management
Since various elements would be involved throughout the planning process, the marketing automation platform you’ll choose must provide a guide to help you with that particular phase.
- Request Assistance From An Automation Consultant
When successful implementation is your priority, it might be best to get help by working with an automation consultant. The majority of businesses aren’t likely to consider implementing a system without hiring a professional for assistance. Depending on the marketing automation platform you’ll get, it’d still require the right skills, knowledge, and experience to operate optimally. In general, there’s always a learning curve involved.
A professional consultant will be able to guide you to ensure efficient planning and implementation. Additionally, they can provide insights on your ongoing strategy, campaign development, and content.
- Start With Small Steps
It can be tempting to try out all the latest tools and features on the platform of your choice. However, you need to deploy what you’re currently working on and later consider the other elements after gaining confidence in the platform.
You can steadily build out over time by starting with a simple task as you learn from the analytics. You can later make adjustments from the experience you’ll gain.
If you lack experience in handling business automation tools, avoid starting with a complex program. Always remember not to feel pressured to work out every possible function of your marketing automation platform just because it’s available and you’re paying for it.
As the marketing world constantly evolves, your business must go with the wave to stay on top of the competition. One of the ideal ways to keep up is to turn to marketing automation. This type of platform provides your marketing team with a solid stage to ensure efficient management of online marketing programs. The tips above will allow you to take full advantage of the software you acquire and make marketing automation work for your business.