Sometimes when you login into your system, you may be prompted with this error message of ‘Windows Bad Image Exception Processing Message’. This is generally due to software conflicts or corruption in some system files. This can be easily resolved with the help of the following solutions.
Solution 1: Using safe mode and clean boot state
First, use the safe mode to resolve the error.
- Restart and boot your system into safe mode.
- Now check if the issue is still there.
- If the issue is resolved, then restart your system and continue your work.
If the same is not resolved via safe mode, then you can use a clean boot mode to solve it.
- Open your computer in a clean boot mode.
- Now try to troubleshoot the issue.
- Your computer will now eliminate any software conflicts that may have been causing the error.
- Now reset your PC and restart it.
- You can also do the System Restore to help restore the computer to an earlier state. This will also remove the additional programs that may have caused the conflict.
- Now run your system and try logging in. It should work.
Solution 2: Run the check disk
The next way is to run the check disk and resolve the issue. Follow these steps:
- Click on the start button and type cmd in the search box.
- Right-click on the cmd.exe program and click on Run as administrator.
- A command prompt window will open. Now type the command ENTER: Chkdsk/R A: (The letter A denotes the drive letter of the volume that needs checking. If you want to check another drive, type in the driver letter of the other drive)
- Now close the application and restart the system. Windows will check for the errors in the drive during this restart process.
- Now once the process is complete, log in to your system and it should work fine.