The Niles Garden Circus is back in town for 2024, promising another year of incredible shows and entertainment for the whole family. This famous one-ring circus held in Niles, Illinois features acrobats, clowns, jugglers, trapeze artists and talented animal acts that will leave you amazed.
If you’re looking to get Niles Garden Circus tickets for any of their 2024 shows, here’s a complete guide on where to find them and how to get the best deals.
When and Where the Niles Garden Circus Will Perform in 2024
The Niles Garden Circus takes place at the Niles Park District Main Park located at 6676 W. Howard St. in Niles, IL.
For 2024, there will be several different scheduled circus performances:
- Weekday Shows: Monday, January 1 through Friday, January 4 with shows at 5pm and 8pm each day.
- Weekend Shows: Saturday, January 5 and Sunday, January 6 with shows at 1pm, 4pm and 7pm each day.
- Additional 2024 Performances: There will also be shows on Monday, January 8 through Friday, January 11 at 5pm and 8pm.
In total, there will be 18 Niles Garden Circus shows throughout the two weeks the event runs in early January 2024.
Purchasing Advance Niles Garden Circus Tickets
Purchasing your Niles Garden Circus tickets early is highly recommended as these shows often sell out, especially on weekends. Here are some of the best ways to get advance circus tickets:
Buy Directly from the Niles Park District
The easiest way to purchase advance Niles Garden Circus tickets is directly from the Niles Park District website. Tickets can be purchased online at their official website. You can also buy tickets in person at the Niles Park District Main Office and Howard Leisure Center.
Advantages of buying direct from the Niles Park District:
- Avoid ticket processing fees
- Select your own seats (if buying early enough)
- Easily accessible pick-up options
Keep in mind the Niles Park District office and facilities are closed on major holidays like New Year’s Day. So buying early online is best for the January 1st circus performances.
Get Tickets From Third Party Resellers
If shows are starting to sell out directly through the Niles Park District, another option is using a third party ticket reseller like Vivid Seats or StubHub.
The convenience factor of using a major ticket site makes this a good alternative, but fees are higher. Expect to pay 10-20% more compared to direct pricing.
On the plus side, sites like Vivid Seats and StubHub offer buyer guarantees on the tickets. So you can shop with confidence even if paying a premium.
Buy From Discount Ticket Websites
Websites like Goldstar and CircusVouchers sell discounted Niles Garden Circus tickets to help fill seats. Discounts of up to 50% off are not uncommon as show dates approach.
The caveat is discounted tickets are subject to availability. So popular shows and times will sell out on these sites in advance too. But if you’re flexible on dates/times, big savings are possible.
Tickets Pricing and Seating Options
Niles Garden Circus ticket prices vary depending on three factors:
1. Purchasing Timeframe – Tickets get more expensive the closer you buy to show dates as availability decreases. Buying early guarantees the lowest prices.
2. Day of the Week – Weekend shows are in higher demand and thus cost more. Weekday tickets are generally $5+ cheaper per seat.
3. Seating Section – Front row and VIP seats come at a premium cost but provide the most thrilling up close experience.
Here are the Niles Garden Circus ticket pricing details:
- Front Row Seats – $50 for ages 12+, $40 for kids ages 2-11. Very limited quantity available.
- VIP Seats – $35 for ages 12+, $30 for kids ages 2-11. These are the center ringside seats in rows 2-5.
- Main Floor Seating – $25 for ages 12+, $20 for kids ages 2-11. General admission on the main ground level.
- Bleacher Seating – $15 for ages 12+, $12 for kids ages 2-11. Upper level bench seating that surrounds main floor.
Children under age 2 get free entry but must sit on a parent’s lap. Service fees apply to online orders.
VIP, Front Row, and Floor tickets often sell out up to six months in advance for weekend shows. So buy early for best availability of good seats.
Ways to Save on Niles Garden Circus Tickets
Don’t want to pay full price for Niles Garden Circus tickets? Here are some smart ways to get a discount:
- Buy weekday tickets – Avoid the busy (and costly) weekend shows by attending on a weekday instead. You’ll easily save $5-10 per ticket.
- Look for coupon codes – The Niles Park District and third party sellers sometimes offer promo codes for 10-20% off tickets. RetailMeNot and Groupon are good sites to check for circus ticket coupon codes.
- Attend a weekday dress rehearsal – The circus has discounted dress rehearsal shows on the mornings of January 3rd, 4th, 10th and 11th for just $10 per ticket. These help them practice the show but are very similar to the final production.
- Buy discounted tickets – As mentioned earlier, sites like Goldstar and CircusVouchers have heavily discounted last minute circus tickets. Sign up for their deal emails to get notified of promos.
- Buy in groups – Often sites will offer special deals for group ticket sales. The more people in your party, the bigger discount you’ll get per ticket.
Buying Niles Garden Circus Tickets on Show Days
Don’t fret if you weren’t able to buy advance circus tickets or want the flexibility of waiting. You can still buy Niles Garden Circus tickets right at the venue on the day of shows.
Here’s what you need to know about buying same day circus tickets:
- Tickets can be purchased at the Niles Park District circus box office located right on the fairgrounds.
- Box office opens 90 minutes before showtime and stays open until 30 minutes after the start of the show.
- They accept both cash and credit cards for payment.
- Prices are more expensive than buying in advance but they don’t jack them up excessively. Usually just $5 over the pre-sale online prices.
- Seating options are first come, first served. So the earlier you arrive before showtime, the better your choices will be.
- Weekend shows are prone to sell outs on same day ticket sales. So arrive at least an hour before showtime for the best chance at getting tickets.
- Expect longer box office lines on weekends and closer to showtime. Allow extra time for crowds and delays purchasing tickets.
Where to Park for the Niles Garden Circus
Parking is available right at the Niles Park District Main Park where the circus takes place. There is one large main lot that can be accessed from Howard Street.
The circus parking is free but arrives early to get a good spot, especially on weekends. The main lot fills up quickly.
Overflow and street parking is available on the surrounding side streets. But getting a spot in the circus main lot is optimal, so get there early!
Parking opens 90 minutes before showtime and there are staff directing traffic flow and available spots.
Tips for Enjoying the Niles Garden Circus Show
Once you’ve secured your Niles Garden Circus tickets, here are some tips to make the most of your circus experience:
- Arrive early – Give yourself plenty of time to park, get tickets if needed, find your seats and get situated before showtime. You don’t want to be rushing around and miss the opening.
- Pre-order food – You can pre-order food baskets online to pick up at the circus. This saves time and ensures you get tasty food without needing to wait in concessions lines and potentially miss acts.
- Bring ear protection for kids – The fireworks and music can be loud. Bring earmuffs or headphones for sensitive children. Some ear plugs are provided at the first aid tent if needed.
- Keep your ticket stub – Hold onto your ticket stub after the show. It can be redeemed for various discounts on food and circus gifts.
- Stay seated during acts – Be courteous to other patrons by not standing or walking around during the show acts. This blocks the view of people behind you.
- Go bathroom beforehand – The portable toilets get crowded quickly during intermissions. Use bathrooms before the show and at halftime to avoid long lines.
- Watch the pre-show – Don’t just show up right as showtime starts. Arrive 30+ minutes early to see the pre-show acts and entertainers that get you excited for the main event!
- Thank the performers – If you loved a particular circus act, applaud enthusiastically and tip the performer if you can. This small gesture means a lot and helps support the show.
Attending the Niles Garden Circus is an unforgettable experience for people of all ages. Now that you know where to get tickets and how to save, you’ll be ready to enjoy this classic one-ring circus in 2024! Let me know if you need any other advice for planning your circus trip to Niles.